17/05/2012

Sgraffito or Carving, I can't decide

I have been making some Terracotta pots over the last week, so I have been working with carving and sgraffito tools.  I find that the pots spend a tremendous amount of time under plastic waiting for me and for them to be at the "right stage" time and patience is required.  I really am learning that even waiting takes time.

Here are some of the pieces in progress for my up coming exhibition.  All based on drawings I have done around the town.

Fleetwood Bowls

Fleetwood Boxes

Fleetwood pin dishes

The Carving tool and some of the pin dishes.

2 comments:

  1. Do you mind if I ask where you got the tool pictured in the last photo? I've been looking for one like that and can't seem to find it anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth, the tool in question was made by Adam Field, and I bought it from him when he was giving a workshop in the UK. It would probably be best to contact him ( http://www.adamfieldpottery.com/ )

      Joseph

      Delete