19/01/2011

Preparing

I have been preparing for some workshops that might be upcoming so I have been throwing bud vases, I also have yet to do some more small bowls and small mugs.  The bud vase that is at the front was an accident, I had started throwing the bowls and looked at the window I looked back and I had all but collared in the top of the pot.  Apparently you can throw while not watching but it isn't the best idea.

Also at the Pottery until the 31st of January we have a 20% sale on to clear a bit more stock, I want to make room for some of the bigger pieces that are waiting to be fired.

We also had a visit today from Jayne Frodsham who runs the Pottery at Farmer Parrs, it is a paint a pot inside the farm, never been inside the paint a pot and is run by autism initiatives which I have had dealings with but have never been in the pottery I have walked past it as it is in the museum of rural living( I think that is the name)  It is interesting there and I been with the little boys quite a few times.


4 comments:

  1. Nice work! I'd heard about this craft fair in the US where they have a contest for people to throw pots backwards. The photos are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had the time to do that many pieces at one sitting. The closest I get is at the end of the semester - doing demonstrations for the classes, showing how to throw on the wheel. I think I did ten pieces in one day the last time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I could throw backwards, maybe blindfolded.

    I want to get them done so them I don't panic to get them done if this contract comes through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great! I can't wait to see how they turn out!!

    ReplyDelete