29/07/2010

Some old pots refired to sell on

All the work in the following pictures was gas fired up to 1260C but the kiln failed to fire any higher and the glaze hadn't matured.  So it has been re-fired in Pilling by the guys down at Northern Kilns as I still haven't got my own kiln up and running.  The clay used is B17C in all the ware but the Bottles which are crank.

Tea cups, each one is around 6cm tall
Beakers around 10cm tall

Bottles 13cm tall, these were originally thrown to be raku ware but I didn't manage to get a firing

Sugar Bowl 8cm tall
I had two sugar bowls go in the firing and a teapot, the teapot lid got chipped when it was being unwrapped at Pilling so it needs a new lid.  The other sugar bowl could do with a bigger lid too.

4 comments:

  1. Its a shame these didn't come out as youd wanted them to. The teacups look really great I like the combination of white and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man, it's thorn. Nice spread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had more things ready to fire, but I am satisfied with just getting to throw some bits, I really need to get to know my own wheel again, it feels very different to the wheel I used at Uni

    Hi thorn, nice to hear from you. One the new work I am making I am concentrating really hard on the design so then they are just right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate in an abstract way; When it's ready it's ready.

    ReplyDelete